ALKRINGTON

1830

ALKRINGTON

Alkrington, a township in the parish of Prestwich cum Oldham, hundred of Salford, 5 miles N.N.E. from Manchester. Inhabitants 365. Alkrington Hall, the seat of John Lever, esq., was formerly the residence of Sir Ashton Lever, who commenced his extensive collection of natural and artificial curiosities at this place, merely from circumstances of having shot a white sparrow. Near Alkrington, but partly in the townships of Blakeley and Moston, is the extensive morass called White Moss.

CONKERS

Conkers, a hamlet in the township of Alkrington, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 4 miles N.E. from Manchester.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830