ANGLEZARK

1830

HIGH BULLOW

High Bullow, a hamlet in the township of Anglezark, parish of Bolton, hundred of Salford, 3 miles E. from Chorley.

YARROW

Yarrow, a small river which rises in the moors of Anglezarke, in the hundred of Salford, and, taking a western course, flows by Duxbury and Eccleston to Croston, where it joins the Lostock, about a mile before their united stream falls into the Douglas, in the hundred of Leyland.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830