Ardwick, a chapelry in the parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, adjoining Manchester to the S.E. Inhabitants 3545. Ardwick Green forms a pleasant approach to Manchester, being well planted, and ornamented with elegant houses on the border of a canal. St. Thomas's Chapel, consecrated in 1741, but since enlarged, is a neat brick building with a turret. Patrons, the warden and fellows of Christ Church.
(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830