BLATCHINWORTH AND CALDERBROOK

1830

BLATCHINWORTH

Blatchinworth, a chapelry with Calderwood in the parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, 3 miles N.E. from Rochdale. Inhabitants 3143. Pike house, in this township, is the seat of John Beswick, esq.

CALDERBROOK

Calderbrook, a township with Blatchinworth, in the parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, 3 miles N.E. from Rochdale. Inhabitants 3143.

HAREHILL

Harehill, a hamlet in the township of Blatchinworth, parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, 3 miles N.E. from Rochdale.

LITTLEBOROUGH

Littleborough, a hamlet in the township of Blatchinworth, parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, 4 miles N.E. from Rochdale. Fairs March 1st. and October 13th. Here is a chapel originally erected by the abbot of Whalley in year 1476; it has within a few years been taken down and neatly rebuilt. Littleborough is seated near Blackstone Edge, and is much exposed to rain.

SHORE

Shore, a hamlet in the township of Blatchinworth, parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, 4 miles N.E. from Rochdale.

STANSFIELD

Stansfield, a hamlet in the township of Blatchinworth, parish of Rochdale, hundred of Salford, 1 mile from Littleborough.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830