1547

1547
The collegiate clergy dissolved by Edward VI. The warden, Sir George Colliar, was deprived for denying the King’s supremacy. The college house was, together with some of the lands, taken into the possession of the King and sold to the Earl of Derby, who provided three or four ministers to supply the service of the church. (Hollinworth’s Mancnniensis.)(7)