1712       

12th. July Saturday
St. Ann’s Church was consecrated by Sir William Dawes, Bishop of Chester, 12th July. (Bardsley’s Memorials of St. Ann’s.)(7)

1712
Rev. Charles Owen, in his Scene of Delusion Opened, alludes to the secret meetings of some prophets, probably a remnant of the “French prophets” — the refugee Camisards — and “the providential check” which they had received.(7)

1712
A manuscript containing Remarkables and Observables, in the life of Edward Harrald, a perruquier, or barber-surgeon, in the years 1712 to 1715, was presented in 1882 to Chetham’s Library by Mr. Robert McD. Smith, of St. Mary’s Gate. Some extracts from it appeared in the first volume of Harland’s Collectanea. Harrald’s time was mostly passed at church and at the alehouse, and he varied his business of curling wigs by dealing in books. Mr. Harland omitted the diarist’s outlines of the sermons of the Manchester preachers,which appear to be well summarised, the peculiarities of individual style being preserved.(7)