HEAP

1830

HEAP

Heap, a chapelry in the parish of Bury, hundred of Salford, 2 miles E. from Bury. Inhabitants 6552. Heap Bridge, and Heap Fold, are hamlets in this township.

HEYWOOD

Heywood, a hamlet in the township of Heap, parish of Bury, hundred of Salford, 4 miles E. from Bury. In this populous village is the episcopal chapel of Heap. Heywood Hall is the seat of James Starkie, esq.

LOMAX

Lomax, a hamlet in the township of Heap, parish of Bury, hundred of Salford, 3 miles E. from Bury.

WHITTLE

Whittle, High and Low, two hamlets in the township of Heap, parish of Bury, hundred of Salford, 2 miles N.W. from Middleton.

WRIGLEY BROOK

Wrigley Brook, a hamlet in the township of Heap, parish of Bury, hundred of Salford, 3 miles E. from Bury.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830