HEATON NORRIS

1830

BANK

Bank, a hamlet in the township of Heaton Norris, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 2 miles W. from Stockport. Bank House is the seat of Francis Philips, esq.

BLACKBROOK

Blackbrook, a hamlet in the township of Heaton Norris, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 4 miles S.E. from Manchester.

BOWER HOUSE

Bower House, a hamlet in the township of Heaton Norris, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 6 miles S.S.E. from Manchester.

FOLD

Fold, a hamlet in the township of Heaton Norris, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 6 miles S.S.E. from Manchester.

HEATON NORRIS

Heaton Norris, a chapelry in the parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 6 miles S.S.E. from Manchester. Inhabitants 6958. This township is separated by the river Mersey from Stockport in Cheshire, to which flourishing town it forms a handsome suburb, and with which it is intimately connected as Salford is with Manchester.

NORRIS HILL

Norris Hill, a hamlet in the township of Heaton Norris, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 6 miles S.S.E. from Manchester.

TOP O' TH' BANK

Top o' th' Bank, a hamlet in the township of Heaton Norris, parish of Manchester, hundred of Salford, 6 miles S.S.E. from Manchester.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830