HOPWOOD

1830

BIRCH

Birch, a hamlet in the township of Hopwood, parish of Middleton, hundred of Salford, 2 miles W.N.W. from Middleton. A new chapel under the recent acts has been lately erected in this village.

HOPWOOD

Hopwood, a township in the parish of Middleton, hundred of Salford, 2 miles N. from Middleton. Inhabitants 1384. Hopwood Hall is the seat of R. G. Hopwood, esq.

SIDDALL

Siddall, a hamlet in the township of Hopwood, parish of Middleton, hundred of Salford, 2 miles N.W. from Middleton.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830