LITTLE BOLTON

1830

LITTLE BOLTON

Bolton, Little, a chapelry in the parish of Great Bolton, hundred of Salford, separated from the north of Great Bolton by a small rivulet. Inhibitants 9258. All Saints Chapel, in this township, is about a century old, but presents nothing remarkable. St. Georges is a more recent erection, 1796.

GILLNAL

Gillnal, a hamlet in the township of Little Bolton, parish of Bolton, hundred of Salford, 1 mile W. from Bolton.

HIGH HOUSES

High Houses, a hamlet in the township of Little Bolton, parish of Bolton, hundred of Salford, 3 miles N. from Bolton.

HORROCK'S FOLD

Horrock's Fold, a hamlet in the township of Little Bolton, parish of Bolton, hundred of Salford, 3 miles N. from Bolton. A little beyond is the dreary district called Horrock's Moor.

MARE HILL

Mare Hill, a hamlet in the township of Little Bolton, parish of Bolton, hundred of Salford, 1 mile N.W. from Bolton.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830