Lostock, formerly a township, is in the bourough of Bolton and hundred of Salford, 1 mile north-east from Westhoughton. Lostock Junction is a station on the London, Midland and Scottish railway; from this point are lines to Chorley, Wigan and Bolton. St. Thomas and St. John is a conventional ecclesiastical district formed in 1914 from the parishes of Deane, Wingate, Heaton, Westhoughton and Horwich. A temporary church has been erected on land purchased from Lady Beaumont. The living is a curacy-in-charge, of the net yearly value of £200, in the gift of the Bishop of Manchester, and held since 1918 by the Rev. Nathan Hall Fogg B.A. of Victoria University, Manchester. There is no lord of the manor. Charles Joseph Stonor esq. is the principal landowner.
(6) Kelly's Directory of Lancashire 1924