PARLIAMENTARY BOROUGH OF SALFORD

1841

The Parliamentary Borough of Salford comprises upwards of 4,188 statute acres, 6 churches, 15 dissenters chapels, total 21. The population in 1831 was 50,810; number of houses 8,985. In 1835 the dame schools were 65, scholars 1,543; common 42, scholars 1,814; sunday 31, scholars 9,754; superior private and boarding 29, scholars 882; evening 28, scholars 526; charity and subscription 13, scholars 1,403; infant 3, scholars 373; total schools 211, scholars 12,885. The value of property in 1815 was 69,379; 1829, 141,431.

(5) A Statistical Sketch of the County Palatine of Lancaster 1841 by Edwin Butterworth.