WEST HOUGHTON

1830

CHEQUER BENT

Chequer Bent, a hamlet in the township of West Houghton, parish of Dean, hundred of Salford, 4 miles S.W. from Bolton.

CHEW MOOR

Chew Moor, a hamlet in the township of West Houghton, parish of Dean,hundred of Salford, 3 miles W.S.W. from Bolton.

DAISEY HILLOCK

Daisey Hillock, a hamlet in the township of West Houghton, parish of Dean, hundred of Salford, 5 miles S.W. from Bolton.

FOUR YATES

Four Yates, a hamlet in the township of West Houghton, parish of Dean, hundred of Salford, 6 miles W.S.W. from Bury.

HART COMMON

Hart Common, a hamlet in the township of West Haughton, parish of Dean, hundred of Salford, 6 miles S.W. from Bolton.

WEST HAUGHTON

West Houghton, a chapelry in the parish of Dean, hundred of Salford, 5 miles N. from Leigh. Inhabitants 4211. This is a populous manufacturing village, in which the loam affords subsistance to a large portion of the inhabitants.

WINYATE

Winyate, a hamlet in the township of West houghton, parish of Dean, hundred of Salford, 5 miles W.S.W. from Bolton.

(3) The New Lancashire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary 1830